Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tantrums and Potties

Sam is at school and Toby is napping. Ahhh...a little quiet time for me.

Sam has been behaving exceptionally well this week. I think we're finally getting used to each other and he knows where his boundaries are with me. For the first month or so he would throw tempter-tantrums several times a day because he didn't get his way or I didn't do things the way Mommy and Daddy did them. As tough as it was (and still is) to deal with his tantrums, I just have to stand my ground and not give in to him. Thankfully, the tantrums have become fewer with each passing day. Each day before I leave to go home I'll ask Sam: "What are we going to work on and do better tomorrow?" Lately his answer has been: "Not throwing fits and going to the potty." Bingo. The "not throwing fits" part is going well. The "going to the potty" part...not so well. At least he goes when I ask him to go now; but he still won't go on his own or at school. We've tried stickers, candy, high-fives...but nothing seems to stick long enough to make him want to go on the potty all the time. We'll keep working on it.

Aaron's birthday is on Saturday and we're going to a party at his co-worker's house. It's a costume party...so I'm dressing up as a bumble bee. He doesn't know what he's going to be yet. I told him he should be the "Birthday Boy." He said "Oh yeah! I'll go in my birthday suit!" I said, "Haha. Very funny."

No comments: