Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When I'm All Grown-Up...

If I had a dime for every time Sam has said something funny in my car on the way to school, I'd be rich. The "oh, man...that's going on the blog" moments are very frequent around here.

This morning's on-the-way-to-school conversation:

Sam: You know, Mrs. Allison...you're beautiful today.
Toby: Bu-ful day, Sin! Bu-ful day!!!
Me: Ahh...thank you boys! You never miss a day of telling me I'm beautiful.
Sam: Yeah. You know, Mrs. Allison...when I'm all grown up and I don't need you anymore, I'll have kids of my own. And maybe you could come babysit them for me while I go to work.
Me: Oh, I would LOVE that!
Sam: I'm glad...because you're a lot of fun. I want my kids to have a lot of fun with you like me and Toby do. And...Mrs. Allison?
Me: Yes?
Sam: Make sure you remember to give me your phone number when I'm a grown-up so I can call you, OK?
Me: Sure thing.

If that doesn't make your heart smile, I don't know what will :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What sweet boys they are. You are lucky to have them as they are lucky to have you. Don't forget to give them your number, kids remeber EVERYTHING!!

Mike said...

As someone told us earlier this year (can't remember who), Sam is going to grow up to either be a politician or a womanizer.