Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hallelujah!

It's no secret that I love to bake. You may not know, however, that I'm not a big fan of searching for obscure tools or ingredients needed to bake certain desserts.

Enter: the "Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Plate."

It has been my foe for many years now, that Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Plate. I can never find one and it hinders my ability to make many beautiful, delicious, magnificent pies. I'm making a Praline Pumpkin pie for tomorrow night's dessert with friends...and guess what kind of pie plate it requires? That's right...

So...I made a trip to Wal-Mart this evening to buy a few ingredients AND a Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Plate. Would it surprise you to hear that Wal-Mart doesn't sell Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Plates?

After walking around the baking section of Wal-Mart for 20 minutes hoping that I had just overlooked the section of glass bake ware containing the Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Plate, I surrendered and started thinking about what else I could use instead. A cake pan? A spring form pan? Two regular-sized 9-inch pies instead of one deep-dish? Oh, the frustration...

I mosied on over to the freezer section to pick up some pre-made pie crust. And then I saw it:

Mrs. Smith's 9-Inch DEEP DISH Pie Crusts already in an oven-safe (and reusable) pan!

No sooner than I read "Deep Dish" and dove for the freezer door, I heard it. The "Hallelujah Chorus" over the intercom.

Seriously. I'm creative, but not that creative. I could never make this stuff up, people.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! As the "Hallelujahs" kept coming, I held the Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Crusts in my hands and laughed to myself. The weirdest things happen to me...

I'm going to bake my first Deep Dish 9-Inch Praline Pumpkin pie now.

HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by the way... I must have this recipe!